This has always been one of my clients, family and my favorite recipes. It’s great if you make chicken soup and have a lot of extra cooked chicken left over. Or you can do it as the recipe says. I have also included this recipe for people who have Dysphagia or who have difficulty swallowing.
8 oz Cooked Chicken
1 stalk celery
Fresh Dill (optional)
Hot sauce (optional)
1/2 cup grapes
- Boil the chicken for 10- 15 minutes and cool.
- In a bowl, shred the chicken into small pieces using your fingers to break apart the meat. Add 1 stalk of minced celery, Herbamare* (or sea salt) to taste. On a cutting board, using a fork, mash avocado, and add to the chicken salad. Mix well. This can be seasoned with hot sauce and fresh dill.
Chicken Avocado Salad – For Dysphagia
½ pound boneless chicken breast
½-3/4 cup seedless red grapes
1 teaspoon finely chopped dill
Herbamare to taste*
1 ripe avocado (save pit)
Hot sauce to taste
- Boil the chicken in water for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of breast.
- Using a food processor with the chopping blade, finely chop grapes.
- After the chicken has cooled, break into pieces and add to food processor with herbamare, dill and hot sauce. Process until very well blended.
- Remove from processor and put in bowl. Mash avocado with fork until very soft and mushy.
- Add the avocado to the chicken and mix very well. If saving for later time, add the pit to keep the color of the avocado from turning dark. Do not put avocado in processor as it will turn dark quickly. Enjoy.
*Herbamare is a sea salt that has been seeped with twelve organic herbs for one year and then ground to a powder. It gives food a lift.