Success For Your New Year’s Resolution!
The #1 New Year’s Resolution is to lose weight. People go on all different types of diets, (whatever is in vogue for this year). This generally lasts approximately 6 weeks long and that’s it! In order to succeed with one’s ability to reach their “Ideal Weight”; (When you use the word “to lose”, it has a negative connotation, the opposite of lose is “gain”) it needs to be a lifestyle, a way of eating for the rest of your life that you can live with. Many people view dieting as a short term experience. It’s not going to work if you are depriving yourself and eating so little that you’re constantly hungry. You may lose a few pounds but as soon as you begin eating as you did in the past, then the weight comes on with a vengeance. If you are not enjoying your food or being satisfied at each meal it will not be a successful plan. I help my clients feel confident that they are eating the right food all the time.
A few helpful tips I give my clients:
- Keep a food diary (this will show you what you are eating and make you aware of what you do) Read “The Power of Habits” by Charles Duhigg
- Get rid of everything in packages or boxes (almost all the packaged goods are either high in sugar or have a high glycemic index, eating these things will make you crave more)
- Try a new recipe (see “ZonePerfect Cooking Made Easy”, by Gloria Bakst) for easy delicious recipes
- Eat a palm size amount of protein with every meal (for your brain)
- Eat as much fresh fruit (low glycemic) and vegetables as possible (for vitality and energy)
- Get a nutritional coach, this will help you stay on track and give you encouragement
- Use healthy fats, such as olive oil, avocado, nuts, they are good for you and will keep you feeling satiated
- Hire a nutritionally knowledgeable personal chef to cook healthy delicious meals for you. www.ChefGloriaB.com
- Feel confident that you are eating the right food all of the time.
- Exercise, make sure your moving your body aerobically and with weights 3-5 times a week
- Ask yourself before you eat, are you hungry, bored, stressed, unhappy. See if taking a walk or being with friends will satisfy your hunger desires.
It is easier to reach your ideal weight if you are enjoying your food, make food your friend, not your enemy
Reach your goals in a healthy, balanced way and keep off the weight!
For 3 free recipes go to ChefGloriaB and I will email them to you.
If you need help call 781-598-9313